BA Arts-Music (CK104)
The BA Arts-Music (CK103), currently our most popular programme, is a three-year Honours degree that offers a variety of pathways in years 2 and 3. In every case the degree award is in two subjects: Music and another Arts subject. In year 1, the student takes Music for 30 credits and typically two different Arts subjects for 15 credits each. Having passed year 1, the student then has the choice of pathways for years 2 and 3, as follows:
* Joint Hons: this means taking Music and another subject equally for 30 credits each per year.
* Major Hons: Music is the major subject (40 credits per year) and another subject is taken as a minor subject for 20 credits per year.
* Single Hons: Music is taken for 50 credits per year, with a minor subject for only 10 credits per year.
Students who follow the Major-Hons or Single-Hons pathways and who graduate with their BA with Third Hons or higher are then eligible to enter the fourth year of our BMus programme and complete the BMus degree in one further year.
See also the following special versions of the BA Arts-Music programme:
* Three-year degree in Music and Drama and Theatre Studies (Joint Hons).
* Four-year degree in Music and Chinese Studies (Joint Hons).
* Four-year Joint-Hons degree in Music and Italian, or Music and German, including a year abroad.